This opportunity is now closed
Search for new opportunities
Wythenshawe Games 2017 - 10K Race Marshall's
Now in its 6th year, Wythenshawe Games is Manchester’s largest community sports festival, taking in and around Wythenshawe and centering on the beautiful and historic Wythenshawe Park and Hall.
As part of this great event we require Race Marshall's to make the Wythenshawe Games 10K a safe and welcoming event for everyone. To engage with runners to offer an inclusive and enjoyable good quality event, which helps all participants get the most that they can from Wythenshawe Games.
Date: Sunday 30th July
Time: 8.30am - 11.30am
Location: Wythenshawe Park
Accountable to: Race Director
Role and responsibilities:
• Help with the set up of the course including any signage or equipment, which will maximise participant experience
• Welcome runners at the start of the event
• Assist with registration and the allocation of race numbers
• Cover fixed marshalling points where you will inspire, cheer and motivate participants through their 10k journey
• Assist in ensuring no vehicles and pedestrians impede the course during the race
• Help distribute water to runners at the designated water station during the race
• Help distribute goodie bags at the end of the race
• Help clear the course after the event
Wythenshawe Park, Wythenshawe Road, M230AB
Refreshments will be provided and a free event volunteer t-shirt.
General,Assisting,Marshal,Stewarding,Course Marshal,Providing information
You must be over 16 years old
Age Groups Mixed
Starts 30/07/2017 08:30:00